More Grad School!

Posted by Jami Couch | Posted in | Posted on 1:42 PM

Right. So, after two weeks, I can say that I'm loving grad school. So far, we've gotten free lunch almost every day, and lots of free time to hang out in the GS/MS student lounge (which, by the way, has ping-pong, pool, foosball, and air-hockey). We've been getting free lunches because each program gets one day to introduce us to their research and whatnot, and they feed us. (Also, there is usually beer and some kind of dessert). We have another entire week of this. It's awesome.

There is some really cool research going on, so I've had a couple post-food afternoon meetings with professors to talk about their research and potential rotation projects. I have several more this week, so that's exciting. Also, there's this bar in Nashville called "Flying Saucer" that has, seriously, over 200 different types of beer. We were just there last night and we're going again on Monday.

Also, just FYI, there may have been some karaoke in there somewhere...



Comments (4)

Haha very nice Jami. It Sounds like you're having a great time. Yeah, I can't say that I love grad school right now... But I think once I get started on research it will be more fun. Who knows, maybe my classes will be a little more interesting once we get past all the introductory stuff.

UTSI is so small. There were only 12 new students this year! That makes 48 total full time students at the lab this year. But most of the people here seem pretty cool. There are a some really cool clubs that I want to join too. But right now everything is just getting going, so I'm not sure which clubs actually do stuff yet.

Ohh yeah Jami, my brother Robert has a plate on the wall somewhere in the flying saucer. I can't really remember, but I think it says something like "Mom would be so Proud."

: ) Yay, that sounds perfect for you Jami!
I like my classes way better than I did last week, they just took some getting used to. And I'm for sure coming to Nashville the weekend of the 16th so how about you re-enact that karaoke scene then? K thanks.

Well, thats good, I'm glad. Yeah, just so you know the 16th is a wednesday, so I guess you mean the following weekend? Our first lab rotation starts that week and we have our first test (actually on the 16th). So I'll be ready to go out and sing haha.

You should go to the flying saucer on trivia night. I totally suck at it, but it's fun anyway.

Post a Comment