Peru

Posted by James | Posted in | Posted on 5:13 PM

Hey everybody,

I'm finally done working in the garden and it feels great. Now, I'm getting ready to go on a trip to Peru for about a week with my Dad, my uncle and my uncle's friend. By getting ready, I mean I'm just beginning to realiz how much stuff I will be packing and buying at the last minute. I have gotten about hundred e-mails from everyone going on the trip discussing what we will be doing while were down there. Here is the proposed itinerary:

  • Arrive in Lima near midnight. Take first bus to Nazca.
  • Spend night of August 3 in Nazca. While there, take plane ride to see Nazca lines.
  • Leave Nazca on August 4 for Cuzco. Check out Cuzco and get better acclimated to altitude.
  • Spend nights of August 4 and 5th in Cuzco.
  • Leave Cuzco on August 6 for Machu Picchu.Spend night of August 6 at Machu Picchu.
  • Leave Machu Picchu for Cuzco on August 7. Spend night of August 7th in Cuzco.
  • Leave Cuzco on August 8th for Lima. Spend nights of August 8th and 9th in Lima.
  • Leave Lima on August 10th for Fla.
  • Arrive Nashville on August 11th.

It should be "very cultural" I'm really looking forward is seeing southern hemisphere stars for the first time. I think I'll be at a higher elevation than I've ever been, so the skies should be extra clear too. Maybe some of the aliens that built the Machu Picchu will come back for a visit while I'm there. I don't really know many of the other details of the trip, but it promises to be a very strange adventure judging by the e-mails. My uncle claims to be having strange dreams about "A BRIGHTLY RED-COMPLEXIONED INCA IN A HEADDRESS AND ARMOR" that sprinkles him with some kind of special water and transforms him into a young Incan god-king. Sounds like fun :)

Hopefully I'll have lots of pictures to share with you when I get back. I miss you all, and I hope your summers are going well.


Comments (4)

Wow James, Peru!! We had no idea. What are you going to be doing there? Is it like a mission trip or a vacation? My dad was talking about going there this summer but decided to hold off for a while. Anyhow it sounds like a blast and I can't wait to see pictures!

Oh hey if you see the aliens that built machu picchu will you make sure and get some pictures? Then Graham won't feel like such a newb... : )

Awesome, dude, have fun!

I found a sweet internet cafe!

Peru is so different from anywhere else I´ve ever been. I´m finding myself thinking about how awesome it would be to live here. I love it, you guys have to come see this place sometime.

We´ve seen and done so much. I´ve already taken about 500 pictures, and I have a few hillarious/incriminating videos of my dad and his brother dancing with a young french woman. Sadly, I haven´t managed to get any picutres of the aliens though. Right now, I´m in Cusco, the city that used to be the capitol of the Incan Empire. Tomorrow we leave for Lima and then back home.

Anyway, I´ll have more to share with you guys once I get back.

Post a Comment