Racquetball

Posted by Allison | Posted in | Posted on 8:41 PM

So I joined a summer racquetball league that started last Thursday. I was a little nervous that it was going to be all old geezers that would kick my butt. There are only like 10 people in the league and they are mostly middle aged men with knee and back problems but there is one old woman that seems really hard core and one of the guys sons is a member, they are all really good though. So I played 2 games with this one guy (after months of not playing) and I lost, not surprising but I scored 2 points on him and then 5 the second game. I got a couple good shots in so I was happy. Then I played against a different guy and I scored 8 but still lost. Anyhow, I thought I did really well but as I was leaving they said I should take some lessons..... Oh well, at least I had fun! It meets every Thursday and I just hope I am recovered enough by then to do better. Oh and I totally experienced what Mary Ellen told us about with the guys that have like 30 gloves attached to their gear, is that really necessary? I thought she was just kidding when she said people did that!

In other news, I am finishing up my classes online, I am working on 2 dresses for my culminating project and I have 2 other classes that end a week after graduation... lame! But I am graduating in less than a month! Woohoo! I am super psyched. 

So now for the bad news, most of you guys met my beloved kitty Fonzie, some of you even had the pleasure of sleeping with him or sharing your water with him. Well a couple of weeks ago his kidneys started to fail so we took him to the vet and gave him tons of fluids, but to no avail. We had to put him to sleep because he was suffering and really had no hope of recovery. He was a cool cat and will be missed. 

So our blog is sort of lagging, no one except Jami seems to have anything decent to say, so we should get on that! Hope everyone is doing well, when does grad school start for everyone? Update!

Comments (2)

Grad school starts for me when I find a GOOD job that will pay for it.

That's really cool that you're in a league, I really miss playing racquetball! That sucks about Fonzie though, I had a cat that had to be put down a couple years ago...it was very sad.

Anyway, I'm starting grad school on August 17th (well, orientation anyway...classes start later that week I think)

Post a Comment